Tuesday 28 October 2014

October Favourites

I've had a busy old week with work but just want to take the time to say a HUGE thank you to every single friend and reader who's taken a little look at this blog of mine. It's great to learn new skills (hello photoshop!), and to talk about the things that I love, however light and frilly these things may sometimes be. I hope this blog will continue to grow into something really eclectic.

Anywho, it's almost the end of October - and where one earth did this month go? I've been prepping for winter and it's been a practically tropical 20 degrees in London today. Becuase of that I've purchased a mixed bag of bits and bobs over the last month. I'm not a big shop kind of girl, I get little bits here and there instead of buying a load of things in one go. Although I love a spot of shopping, I really like to get in and out of a shops quickly which is why internet shopping is my best friend.

On the occasion I'm in central London, Primark Tottenham Court Road is a must visit, or if I feel up to braving the crowds of Oxford Street I do love to pop into my favourite shops as you can't beat seeing the items in the shop to feel the material and try on.

My October beauties have been some real favourites and I especially love the draped trench coat (below). The weather has been so changeable recently it's hard to what to wear when so it's the perfect lightweight cover up. The Laura Geller highlighter was something I didn't need - but after flicking over channels and seeing it on QVC, I had to try it. It's a gorgeous dewy powder, I'm a complete convert as I'm usually a big Benefit High Beam fan but this will last forever and with the handy applicator (basically a big eyeshadow applicator), you can apply with precision or just with your fingers.

Primark Trench & H&M t-shirt

Laura Geller Highlighter



Primark rings & H&M stud earrings
These simple stud earrings will go with everything and I'm very guilty of going months without earrings when they're so simple and easy! I'm also obsessed with a good gold ring. Chunky, simple, midi....I don't mind. This little selection from Primark gives you a cheap dress up option day to day. 

Primark flats & Origins face masks
The scarf was a purchase a few weeks ago when out and about with Adam in Angel. We'd gone out for dinner and a gig and it was freezing. I hadn't dressed for the cold so to stop my whining Adam generously bought me this lovely soft long Autumnal colour scarf and I can't wait for it to get colder again so I can wear it! The shoes are in a print that I love and are a great pop of colour, finally the face masks. Origins products are fab and this is a great little tester size of 4 pods of their face mask. This time of year going from hot to cold I can break out so this should hopefully calm down my skin.

Drape mac/trench: Primark £20   Leopard flats: Primark Limited £15
Midi Rings: Primark £2     Stud earrings: H&M £1.99    
Laura Geller supersize split highlighter: £30
Nude check scarf H&M: £12.99   Origins face masks (and freebies!): £8

No comments:

Post a Comment