Thursday 29 January 2015

A few little treats...





 Happy Thursday!! The weeks are just flying by at the moment and I can't quite believe it's almost the end of the month. I'm sure as I've got older I've started saying this more - where does the time go?! 

This month has all been focused on my new job and a new term teaching singing for some lovely little ones in Kent. It certainly keeps me on my toes so with that and my little blog it's been a juggling act to give myself time to relax and also do some fun stuff! Living in London and travelling out and about can take SO long, the old rule of leave yourself at least an hour to get anywhere is pretty correct as transport as a nifty way of foxing even the best laid plans. 

That exact reason of delayed trains is why I ended up with some fab little drugstore purchases from Superdrug. I love wandering around Boots or Superdrug when I have time, looking at what's new, swatching colours here and there and trying out a few new and affordable bits and bobs.

I love the colour of these Barry M nail nail paints. I've tried so many nail colours over the years from expensive to cheap and although for lasting power I love Rimmel Lycra range, Barry M do some brilliant colours. Essie also have a HUGE range and are super glossy but I don't massively rate their staying power even with a base coat, 2 coats and top coat. I've not tried out the colours yet but one will definitely be adorning my nails this weekend. 

The bag was an impulse buy but I love it. If you've not heard of Zoella then where have you been?! She's probably the most popular blogger/youtuber going and has recently bought out a range of body products, a candle and some cute make up bags. This pink and gold one will carry my day to day make up in my handbag. it's pretty big but is too small for my everyday stuff so it houses my 'just in case' make up if I pop out after work or need to freshen up.

I picked up the dry shampoo as I saw it highly recommended on a Becca Rose vlog recently so wanted to try it out. I have baby soft hair which is very fine so I need all the volume I can get. I love the Toni & Guy Sculpting powder but it makes your hands sticky so this spray should help for those times I'm in a rush. It smells AMAZING, way nicer than Batiste and a great price too. They have lots of different smells too but this is the classic and I'd highly recommend it. 

Finally - mascara, I've always longer for long bambi eyelashes but as I’m not blessed with these I have to fake it! I've tried extensions for special occasions but they left my eyelashes in bad condition afterwards (although I loved them whilst I had them), and I reach for falsies for nights out but mascara-wise I’ve never quite found a winner. At the moment I think I have a good combination by using Dior Diorshow Maximiser Mascara to prime and then TooFaced Better Than Sex Mascara (what a name!).


I’ve read review for the L’oreal Manga range and at more than half the price of the Too Faced mascara, I thought why not give it a go – plus it was offer so it’d be rude not to!

So if you fancy giving any of these a go let me know how you get on.




No comments:

Post a Comment