Thursday 20 November 2014

Italian Baked Eggs


As the nights grow ever colder and darker I find it so tempting to get lazy with the food I eat so this recipe came as a surprising revelation under the category - winter warmer! I usually crave hot mashed potato and pizzas ( not together...that would just be weird), so when Adam found this recipe and even offered too cook it, after I picked myself up off the floor, I was intrigued. 

I've seen baked eggs on many a fancy brunch menu out in London but the lure of pancakes or breakfast burritos always sway me away. It would work really well for a brunch but we had it for dinner and it's lovely with some crusty bread. I'm sure for the meat craving of you out there some chorizo would work brilliantly with this.

It was so easy to make Adam actually exclaimed he didn't know why he didn't cook more as it was so simple. Win for me. And guess what....it was blooming tasty! Filling, pretty healthy, lots of flavours, what more do you need?!

What you need:

1 Aubergine - diced
1 Red onion - finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves - crushed
1 tin Cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
Eggs (1 per person)
Tin of tomatoes
2 tbs Pesto
Parmesan cheese 
Basil  - fresh 
Seasoning
Oil






1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I'm going to buy the ingredients and cook it this week. Although it's only a sprinkling of Parmesan, what do you think I could substitute it for to make it vegetarian? I'll let you know how it goes! Speak to you soon xxx

    ReplyDelete