Friday 22 April 2016

April Favourites - Rimmel & Collection Make Up


I could while away so many hours mooching around the make up department checking out new products, so when I popped into Superdrug recently for some new foundation I couldn't help having a look around the sparkly new offerings!

I'm quite pale so sometimes struggle to find foundations that are the right match. I've got a Rimmel Foundation at the moment but fancied a change for Spring so plumped for their Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation with comfort serum £7.99 which is apparently sweat, heat and humidity proof! It's a little darker than my usual colour but it adds a nice hue for Spring Summer. I wore this when I went to Paris last weekend (a post to come on that next week!) and it certainly stood a full day out and about so I'd highly recommend if you're looking for a good medium to high coverage foundation at the moment that still feels light on the skin,

I also picked up a new Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette £6.99 from their Kate Moss range. Sculpting isn't going away any time soon so this contouring 3 step system is a great 3 in 1! The colours are perfect for so many skin tones however my one gripe is the highlighter isn't as shimmery as I'd like, it's very subtle but that's just my taste. 

From top to bottom: Highlighter, Contour, Blusher

My final purchase was the new Collection Illuminating Primer  £4.99. I've almost run out of my Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot primer and fancied a change to something not so matte. This primer comes in two shades for either cool or warm tones, I went for the cool shade which is a shimmery pink and although it looks very shimmery in the tube it goes on very smoothly and leaves a very subtle irredencence to the skin so it's great for popping on before foundation to give a little bit of a glow.

Superdrug have 3 for 2 across all make up at the moment so great to stock up if you need a few items!


No comments:

Post a Comment