Sunday 15 February 2015

My Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is such a funny day and really I don't see the big hoo haa either way. Some people are incredibly vocal about their V day feelings but personally I think if you're in a couple great, why not have a day to be extra cute and make that effort - I mean come how many people are romantic on a day to day basis? We've all had single and coupled up V-days and really it's just a commercial dream really isn't it!

I teach on Saturday's so my day began teaching singing and handing out heart shaped sweets because - why not. I'm always on a budget (London you expensive beast) so instead of joining a million other couples in every restaurant I decided to plan a little night in. Cheap, fun and relaxing. BLISS.

My initial idea was something like this scene from my favourite cheese-fest of a film The Holiday. Yes I'd build a fort in our tiny living room with fairy lights and cushions and throws everywhere and it would look magical. 


Well again I stress the budget - I had to make do with what I had which was a sofa, cushions, throws and a bed sheet. And this was the result (apologies for the picture...like I said our flat is tiny!




 Erm, not quite the same but still it's kiiiiind of fort-like/a cosy mess.

I also ordered in Chinese, not my fave but Adam loves it. He always wants to eat Chinese like they do in films out of tall pots so knowing nowhere that does this locally I ordered some from ebay to pop the food into a la US films! 

To complete this little Chinese meal I personalised the boxes with Adams name (thanks Google images!) and after the meal....fortune cookies! I found this quite brilliant site - Cracking Cookies who allow you to personalise the message inside and you can pick from loads of flavours from caramel or chocolate to pecan pie and lemon lavender. They're based in Scotland and the service was super fast. I also got a free cookie to try and can safely say they are delicious and nothing like the flavourless cardboard cookies you usually get.


Chinese take out, cuddles, movies & sex. This is my idea of a great way to spend a rainy day. Make this happen & I mi...


So throw in some beers, wine, very stereotypical heart balloons and strawberries and you've got yourselves a night in.


If you went out for a romantic meal, didn't celebrate at all or partied the night away with friends I hope you had fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment