Monday 6 April 2015

My First Glossybox


What is Glossybox? Well, for a monthly subscription of around £10 (dependent on the length you subscribe), you get a box of surprise beauty products delivered to your door. Sad as it sounds it's quite exciting to open it not knowing what goodies the box may bring! I was lucky enough to get a years subscription for my birthday (thank you C!) so I have a whole 12 months of surprises heading my way! 

 

First off...I love the packaging. Sweet soft pink with pink tissue paper and black ribbon. Cute. Inside March's box I found:

1. Naobay Moisturising Peeling 100ml
I was a little confused about what this was given the name. It's actually an exfoliator not a peel in the chemical sense. 99% natural (brilliant!), and full sized it'll certainly last a long time, and with an orange scent and little exfoliating beads in a silky cream it certainly does the job. I'm not sure this will take over from my liquid exfoliator but I'm definitely going to give it a good go.  

2. Dove Youthful Vitality Shampoo & Conditioner
Two decent trial sizes perfect for weekends away or holiday bags! I'm not a fan of the name as I don't understand how a shampoo can make hair more youthful but they smell nice. Admittedly they don't do a great job with my fine hair but Adam will certainly get use out of them.

3. NCLA Nail Polish 
A full sized pretty pink nail polish. It comes out lighter than expected but with two coats and a top coat it's certainly got my toes summer ready after months of wintry reds. I've had it on a week and it's lasting well so definitely a brand I'll look out for in the future. 

4. Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara
I hadn't heard of Essence before, on first impression I'm not really keen on the packaging as it looks a little teenagery to me. I tried this on a day at home when I didn't have too much to do as day to day I just can't part ways with my Better Than Sex Mascara (mentioned in another post here). With a arch shaped brush this went on easily and didn't clump, it didn't give my eyes the dramatic look I like however for a day you don't want to make much effort but have something on it'll do the job. 

5. Carmex Moisture Plus Tinted Lip Balm 
I'm a lipbalm fiend. I get really dry lips all year round so I'm constantly putting on my Elizabeth Arden 8hr cream and always carry a lipbalm in my bag on the go (usually Berts Bees or EOS lipbalm). This looks dramatic but as it's a balm it's a nice sheer natural pinky red and would be great for on the go or I'll be keeping my in my desk at work. 

     

In the box you also receive a card with extra product info on and if needed how to use. From what I can gather online everyone gets the same products with maybe one item mixed for something else. Glossybox also do teasers of what the next month box will contain which is fun especially as I spy a Lord & Berry Lipstick pencil which I'm eager to try! 


     


I'd love to know if anyone else has tried subscription boxes before and which might be worth a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment