Thursday 11 June 2015

Recent Budget Beauty Buys




 I can't believe we're pretty much half way through the year and already found myself saying the words that everyone groans at 'it's halfway to Christmas!'. Yep. I'm that sad.

Anyway with summer comes more evening fun as the sunshine says 'go on, have that extra G&T' and you remember that sunscreen is actually a thing we occasionally need in the UK. 

I love seeing the brighter bolder products in the shops come summer, or maybe I just gravitate towards them as they look so blooming great! These few gems caught my eye recently and I think they're all pretty decent staples, with more than decent prices to go with! 



I actually saw this on Instagram (go check our Becca Rose - her vlogs are great and she has a pug, nuff said). It's a pretty decent rival to my fave Urban Decay palette and the colours can take you from day to night. It's 13 looks in one palette and shows you which colours to apply where and for what occasions on the back in-case you need a few tips. The colours are a great pigmentation and this will be a daily staple for me once by Naked Palette runs out! 



Topshop have relaunched their beauty range to celebrate their 5th birthday so this is from the older range (I've been hoarding it!). It's not as bright on the skin as it looks and I think their new Head Over Heels blush is a close match. There's a slight shimmer to it, just enough to look glowing and not glittery! 




This little gel varnish was in my June Glossybox and it's such a bright sunny pink! The colour goes on easily and give a brilliant shine! I always do a base and top coat and you'll find this will last days before chipping. Perfect for brightening up your look this summer and at £1.60 you can afford to experiment a little. 


This is the same brand as the nail varnish however I purchased this before I even received my glossy box. I popped into cheap and cheerful Wilko for hay fever tablets and of course had to take a quick look at the beauty stand. The Essence lipsticks are really great hues and this colour is a really brilliant every day colour. I wear it with my Maybelline colour sensational lip pencil in Sweet Pink which is a great match and makes the colour last even longer. 


Sorry about the photo - I wasn't going to feature this repurchase but it's is a real staple for me so thought I'd add it in! I don't often leave the house without liquid liner on as I feel it just gives me a finished feel (and makes my eyes look not so mole like of a morning!). I've tried so many different brands including Mac and I just don't like the thick nibs as I can't control it and it just ends up a complete mess. Now Rimmel do two liquid liners, so if like me, you want a find fine nib you can build on, pick the Glam eyes not the Exaggerate (been there, done that!). Having said that if you love Mac liner the Rimmel Exaggerate is a great dupe! 

I'm always on the look out for great dupes or bargains so let me know if you've got any staple bargain beauty buys! 


No comments:

Post a Comment